A very popular game among casino players who like playing live is the craps. Playing craps online is more or less the same as if you played it in a real land-based casino. No doubt that you can find craps games at almost every Canadian casino as many online casinos offer this exciting game to their players. Here are the gambling sites that offer the best craps games online and have very loyal service to players.
Best Online Casinos for Craps
The mentioned casinos are the best choice for playing craps. They also give great bonuses for new players to start off with excitement and have more chances to win. Click on the casino name to read the full review or on the ‘Play Now’ button to join the selected casino.
How to Play Craps Online
Online craps game isn’t as difficult as it might seem at first glance. It has its specific jargon which can be a bit complicated to players, but as soon as you get it, craps become one of the simplest card games online. Open a craps game to learn the layout of the table and the basic bets. This might take some time, but it’s way more exciting to play when you know the rules, right?
Below we give you a step-by-step guide on how to play craps online. Use the instructions to practice your first couple of games until you get the idea.
As we said, first of all, you need to learn the table layout and game panel on which you will be placing stakes. As you familiarize yourself with the table, start off with the following instructions.
- At the beginning of all craps games, players need to make pass-line bets. So, choose where you think the dice will land. For example, you can bet on a combined 7 or 11 to pass the line, or you can bet on ‘don’t pass’ by selecting the combination of a 2, 3, or 12. The winning outcome is random, so be careful with making your bets.
- Then, the dealer takes all pass-line bets and adds them to the table.
- The first round starts with the shooter rolling the dice. This first roll of the dice is called a come-out roll.
- If the dice lands on the winning bets, the player who made the 7 or 11 bet wins. In an alternative outcome, if the dice lands on the 2, 3, or 12, those who wagered on ‘don’t pass’ win. If the dice lands on the other numbers, they are considered as ‘point’, and the game goes on.
- As the point number is set on the table, craps players are allowed to bet on the next dice landing. For example, a dice landing the point, on different numbers, or on 7 which is a total loss.
- Next, the shooter rolls the dice until they both land on the point or a 7 which is the end of the game.
- A person who rolls the dice can land it on the point, which means he will roll the dice in the next game. If the dice falls on a seven, another player becomes a new shooter.
Craps games include various betting options. Bets are divided into two groups: single roll bets and multi-roll bets. Accordingly, single roll bets count for 1 roll and expire right after the dice land. Multi-roll bets can take several rolls one after another.
If you make a single roll bet, you risk more. However, your general payout is potentially higher than if you made multi-roll bets. If you are a beginner, we recommend that you place multi-roll bets.
Pass Line Bet
This is the most popular bet on a craps game. It’s house edge is only 1.41%. When you make a pass-line bet, you agree that the shooter will land on a 7 or 11. Consequently, if these are the rolled bets on the outcome, you win. If not, you lose. If the dice land on a different number, your pass-line bet remains active until the next game where the shooter lands the point or a 7.
Don’t Pass Line Bet
An alternative bet to the pass-line is a don’t pass-line bet. You can win with this wager if you selected 2 or 3, while numbers 7 or 11 lose. If the shooter lands 12, the bet is considered as a push, which means all other numbers must not appear again before a 7. House edge is 1.36%.
You can make this bet after the point from the come-out roll has been determined. The rules are the same as for the pass-line bet.
Don’t Come Bet
The reverse betting option to the ‘come bet’ and similar to the ‘don’t pass line bet’.
If you place a field bet, you win when the dice land on 3, 4, 9, 10, or 11. You can receive a double payout if they land on a 2, and a triple payout if it’s a 12. You lose if the throw is a 5, 6, 7, or 8. The house edge is not very appealing — 5.5%
This bet is popular among craps players as it has a 0% house edge. You can only make wagers on free odds after a pass-line bet or come bet. By making this bet, you wager on shooter lands a 7 before a specific point lands.
There are more betting options at craps games. Moreover, different variations of craps have their individual rules and bets. So, before playing craps, we suggest that you learn the rules of the chosen game.
How To Win Playing Craps
Like all gambling games, craps is a game of luck. Playing craps, players can use only a few strategies. The best strategic move would be to increase the size of bets during the gameplay. This can potentially increase your odds of winning. The following tips will help you in creating your strategic plan to win craps.
- Bet on free odds. If you remember from the above, free odds bets have zero house edge. Use this information to your advantage. First, place a pass line bet with a minimum stake allowed and then increase your free odds bets. Thus, the casino will have a smaller house edge.
- Make pass line and come bets. These bets have a small house edge compared to the others: 1.41% and 1.36%. Especially, if you are a beginner, you should start with making bets with the lowest cut of winnings for casinos.
- Wager on 6 and 8. Make note of the frequent numbers and place wagers on them. In craps, you can see the numbers 6 and 8 falling more frequently than others. These bets also have a relatively small house edge — 1.52%. These are the bets paying a bit less than pass and come bets, but they can bring profit to your craps round.
As a beginner, you can practice the craps with these tips. However, many professional craps players make these bets and include them in their strategy.
How to find the best casino to play craps
Finding a reliable online casino can be challenging, especially if you are a newcomer to online gambling. You need to do thorough research or rely on the experts in gambling industry who can recommend safe craps casinos.
The first and the most important feature that you should look for while searching for the best online casino is its legality. When you know that a casino has got the necessary licenses, for example, issued by the MGA, the UKGC, or Kahnawake, and holds a publicly open legal registration, then the casino is offering fair service. The game results being tested for fairness are also a good sign of legality. Check the casino site for the eCOGRA or Independent Audition test logos to prove fairness.
The next characteristics of the best craps casino are security service, support, and factual payout speed for your preferred payment method. If everything that a casino presents at the site is ok for you, proceed to the following.
Check if the site really has several craps games to offer. Try playing it for free, first. When you are fluent at the game, start betting for real money.
Craps is a thrilling game, but you need to be very lucky to win a fortune playing craps. The game uses the random number generator mechanics no matter which version you play — a video table game or live craps that are streaming from an HD-quality studio. Just remember that if you want to play craps safe and get your money fast, you should join a reliable casino. Select an online casino that we recommend for craps and visit its page. Don’t forget to read the terms and all the rules concerning the casino and promotion policy before signing up.
First of all, you cannot predict the potential outcomes of the game since the craps are absolutely random games. But you can improve your chances by keeping initial bets low and increasing the free odds. The house edge in this case will be smaller.
Craps is a game with specific rules. Firstly, players make bets on which numbers the dice will land on. Players can bet on various outcomes. The shooter keeps throwing the dice as the game continues. The game ends when the dice land on number 7 or the point.
Surely, you can. Moreover, free online craps are recommended for beginners. This way, you can practice the craps and achieve new gambling skills. Play craps for free at any online casino that offers craps games.