Choosing the right casino with the best opportunities and generous benefits can be a hard task for Canadian players. Regarding safety and reliability, Canadian casinos are the most suitable for the majority of players. But still, not all Canadian online casinos can boast of fast payouts and dedicated customer service.
We at casinobest.ca feel the need to provide you with the best gambling options. That’s why we invite you to visit our Casino Reviews page. There we make an observation of Canadian sites regarding their license, security, games, bonuses, banking options, and so on. Though you might want to do your own research on a certain casino that we don’t have on our site yet. That’s why we recommend reading this post. In this article, we will speak about choosing the best online casinos in Canada and the aspects of sites that you have to consider as a potential player.
Pick Your Best Online Casino
Among hundreds of Canadian online casinos, we’ve selected the following ones to recommend you the most. Pick your own online casino site that suits you and your style of play.
Safety of Online Casinos
Must-play casinos definitely must be secure. Security in the sphere of gambling is extremely important. Most Canadian casinos employ SSL encryption to protect the personal information of players, their contact data, banking credentials, information about the winnings, and other private data.
Another important aspect connected with the safe gaming experience is the licensing of the casino site. There are many regulators, but if the casino is licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA), United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC), or Swedish Gaming Authority (SGA), this is a sign of a fair and safe casino. A casino you are reviewing can be regulated by another authority like Kahnawake Gaming Commission or Curacao jurisdiction. This isn’t bad, but they have more loose standards compared to the MGA, UKGC, or SGA.
A process of applying for the license is difficult. To get the license, firstly, the casino must provide proof of game fairness over the six-month period. This information is collected by audit companies like eCOGRA, which collects the important statistics and give it to the regulators. A casino also has to provide all the financial reports and various certificates that prove fair intentions of their business.
As you can see, these certificates are not a joke, and require much effort and time from a casino. So, if you see an online casino with a license from these regulators, you can trust it. But also we recommend reading the reviews by different players.
A reliable online casino partners up with the organizations that support Responsible Gambling. On the gambling site, you can see the instructions on how to prevent gambling addiction, including blocking of a user’s account and setting bet limits. In case a player is addicted, online casino must provide him with the contacts of their responsible gambling partner.
All casinos have their own house edges. In short, a house edge of a casino is a percentage of money from bets all players place every day. You will hardly find a certain percentage of any online casino. This works like commission. When you make wagers and lose, a certain percentage of this bet will always go to the casino and the rest of it will be stored in the return to player (RTP) percentage. You could see the RTP in a game rules information. The higher the RTP percentage, the better it is for players. In other words, analyzing the RTP of a game, we can deduce an approximate payout rate of the casino while playing a particular online game.
For example, if you play a slot game with an RTP of 96.5%, then your payout will be close to this ratio. Also, remember that this percentage is theoretical and games are randomly generated. This fact allows players to win much more than the RTP shows. The house edge percentage in this example will be the remaining 3.5%. But again, this is a theoretical calculation based on the long-term playing.
The RTP of each game can display only the casino payout when we are playing one specific game. But it’s almost impossible to find out the payout rate of a casino as a whole. In theory, online casinos will pay out more than 95% back to their players. Obviously, the higher casino payout percentage, the better. Then, how to pick the best casino site with the highest payout? We advise you to browse on the Internet about each particular casino you want to join.
Still, we encourage you to pay attention to the payout of a game. So, when you choose a game, try to pick one that pays out more. RTP percentage can be found in the game rules of every game.
There are many software providers in the gambling industry. They provide various games compatible with smartphones and other mobile devices. The best representatives in the industry are:
- Play’n Go
- BluePrint Gaming
- Pragmatic Play
- Red Tiger
These are only a few names, but let’s get into details of the most popular provider among online casinos.
Microgaming is a leading software developer. It provides slots, table games, progressive jackpot games, roulette, and live dealer games. The company stands out for many awards in iGaming industry. It is also a member of eCOGRA, which is why all Microgaming games are fair. Their games also feature high payouts and many in-game bonuses with free spins rounds.
The most popular progressive jackpot slot game produced by Microgaming is Mega Moolah. This jackpot game rewarded so many people, including players from Canada. Each jackpot winner won at least $1,000,000 on Mega Moolah. But being honest, the final prize pools were way bigger than one million.
A casino can offer only games from Microgaming and be reliable, whereas a multi-software casino operator can partner with several unknown providers and cheat on players. That’s why you need to know which providers are safe, and which are not.
Online casinos always process deposits faster than withdrawals. For sure, everybody wants to take money, and nobody is willing to give it back. Though some online casinos swear they will process your winning fast. However, it depends on many reasons. First, a casino’s pending time which is best to be instant or at least take 1 day. Secondly, the payment method you choose. If you chose an e-wallet or bitcoin, then you will get your winnings fast. On the other hand, if your choice is Visa, Mastercard credit card, or a bank transfer, you will wait from 1 to 5 days for your payout.
That’s why we recommend paying special attention to the banking at your casino. Also, look at the fees for transaction, and if a casino bonus can be claimed with your preferable method. Several casino sites prohibit claiming a welcome bonus using Skrill or Neteller. So be alert.
Bonuses are the most attractive part of the casinos. You can receive extra money for games, thus your winnings will be higher. However, most players forget to read the bonus terms and conditions. But when they realize they can’t withdraw because they haven’t met the requirements, it’s too late.
A casual welcome casino offer comprises a deposit bonus and a number of free spins. It’s a great opportunity to raise your bankroll, but it’s also a good chance to reduce your personal funds. Because the average wagering requirement ranges from 30x to 45x, you can spend all your money on the bonus play-through. Of course, you can play the bonus requirement with the money from your winnings, but most probably you will have to add up a sum of money from your pocket.
Still, 30x to 45x is a normal wagering requirement. If a casino says you need to wager the bonus money 50, 60, 70 times and more, it’s already too much. However, look at the other requirements. Some casinos will let you withdraw the winnings, anyway. In other words, it depends and ranges from casino to casino. That’s why we recommend that you read the T&Cs of a bonus every time you want to claim one.
Leading Canadian casinos provide a 24/7 customer support. While dealing with a casino, you can easily misunderstand something. That’s why support team should work perfectly and reply quickly. For these purposes, we recommend you to choose a casino with a live chat. Live chat agents are usually very fast and reply within 5 minutes.
Besides, pay attention to what they recommend doing. Some managers can give you really incomprehensible advice, and you realize that the ‘expert’ on the other side is incompetent. But the reliable casino must give you the best assistance, so that you don’t have any more questions.
Guide to Choose Online Casino
Earlier, we’ve covered the most important features of online casinos, what they should be like, and which of them should warn you. And here, we are giving you a practical guide with steps which you will need to take once you found the ‘right’ casino. Remember, before signing up and ticking “I Accept T&Cs”, make sure the casino is safe, indeed. So, follow these steps to prove casino legit.
- Check the license and official registration information. Scroll down the gambling site and look at the fine print. Does it say the license number and regulatory body? If so, good. Now, go to the regulator’s website and check the license number. Make sure it’s still valid. Besides, look for the seal of approval by each authority that issued a license or certificate. The registration data of your casino must also be mentioned in the fine print text at the bottom of the page and in the terms and conditions.
- Check the security on the site. First of all, make sure the site uses HTTPS instead of HTTP in the URL bar. The last ‘S’ proves the site is being secured. You can also identify it by the small lock next to the URL link. If it’s unlocked, the site’s unsafe. Aside from the lock, look for the information the site provides about the security measures. It must contain such instruments as encryption (SSL, TLS, 128-bit, etc.). The casino can also mention the secure payments protocol PCI DSS.
- Study the casino lobby. Go to the lobby with games. Look through the titles and game providers. To do it faster, make use of the game’s filter or search option. Using the filter, look through the names of providers. Are they familiar, popular, certified? Using the search option, you can find out if there is your favorite software or specific game. If everything satisfies you, then move to the next step.
- Check the banking service. Find the casino’s banking information. It can be placed under the buttons ‘Banking’, ‘Payments’, or ‘Payment Methods’ and alike. Click it and look through the methods they suggest for deposits and withdrawals. It’s best if you have one payment option available for both transactions, but often online casinos will reduce the number of payout methods compared to the number of deposit options. So, if the offered payment methods suit you, find out how fast the money transfer via these methods, whether there are fees, and what the min and max amounts for each transaction are. This information will help you imagine how soon you’ll be having your money once you decide to cash out.
- Prove the bonus fair. Bonuses are a tricky part of casino, so pay close attention to what they say in the terms of the bonus offer, no matter how sweet the bonus is. Find the link to the welcome bonus terms. Click it and find the following points: minimum deposit, wagering requirement, free spins requirements and qualifying games (if free spins bonus is included), maximum winning you can grab, game contributions towards wagering requirements, and whether you can cash out your real money balance. Sometimes online casinos will allow you to withdraw your cash. Moreover, some sites will not forfeit the bonus! So, make sure you understand this rule. As for the wagering requirements, pay special attention to what money should be wagered. If it’s just bonus money, it’s ok. If the wagering rules spread over the bonus money plus deposited money, it’s already warning. And if in addition to this, you need to wager your winnings from free spins several times, think more thoroughly if you really need this bonus. The casino might be good and reliable, but the bonus can be outrageous sometimes.
- Are the bonus and your payment method compliant? Important thing to understand if you can get the bonus using your selected deposit option. Some casinos will not give the welcome bonus to those who deposit with Neteller or Skrill. So, check this point in the bonus terms or banking terms and conditions. If you were going to deposit with Neteller or Skrill, you can do it later on your further deposits. But welcome bonuses are not subject to these methods.
We have mentioned the main casino characteristics you should consider while choosing the best casino. The best casino representatives containing these characteristics are JackpotCity casino, Mr Green, Rizk, Casumo, Guts, LeoVegas, Royal Panda, and others. These casinos are the top casinos in Canada, and the players leave mostly positive comments about these sites. Surely, there are more good casinos, the reviews of which you can find on our site.
Choosing a safe casino site, look for the signs of licensing, security, and fairness of the casino. Make sure the casino provides your favorite types of games and suitable payment methods. Besides, to do the research right, you can follow our guide on how to choose a reliable casino.
Online casinos hold licenses from different regulatory bodies. The best and most popular on the market are UK Gambling Commission, Malta Gaming Authority, Kahnawake Gaming Commission, Alderney Gambling Control Commission, Government of Gibraltar. So, try to choose the gambling sites licensed in these jurisdictions. Also, follow our recommendations on how to choose an online casino.
If you feel like you’ve been playing at a scam casino which has never paid you out yet, then you are in trouble. You can contact the customer support and ask why you don’t get your money. If this doesn’t help whether they ignore you or give evasive replies, you will hardly ever see your money. If the casino is regulated by a gambling authority, then you can send a complaint to the regulatory body. Don’t forget to send the material evidence such as screenshots and recorded conversation.