Have you ever played the 21 card game with your friends? Surely yes. The famous casino game, which official name is Blackjack is now available online. Online Blackjack is entertaining, even with a live dealer. However, some players will assure you that playing online blackjack in the comfort of your home is much better than the real blackjack table at a land-based casino.
Online blackjack games attract more customers because they can make bets at home or on the go using their tiny mobile devices. Thanks to the casino compatibility with mobile devices, blackjack players can travel anywhere and win real money.
Besides, classic blackjack is famous for its simplicity. But if you deep into the question, there are many variations of blackjack video games powered by random number generators. And all of them can be found on online gambling sites. Moreover, live casinos will let you experience the real gaming process as if you were a player at the table of a real casino venue. You can even practice card counting aloud, and no one will say anything.
Anyway, you came here because you want to win big on blackjack. So, no more words, just scroll down to see the list of the best Canadian blackjack casinos.
Canadian Blackjack Online Casinos
The following sites have blackjack games from various providers. You can play with live dealer’s and RNG-based blackjack after joining these sites. Also, most of them offer amazing bonuses for new live casino players. Pay attention to their welcome bonuses!
Best Online Blackjack Games
There are many providers of blackjack games. Some of the most famous names are Playtech, Evolution, Microgaming, NetEnt, and Pragmatic Play. At most blackjack gambling sites, you will find exactly their card games. So, we hope you will remember the recommended providers. Also, look for the following game titles because they are worth trying out.
- European Blackjack. In this game, use the basic blackjack strategy for bigger payouts.
- American Blackjack. American version opens new options such as Double Down on any hand and Split.
- Classic Blackjack Gold. Your goal here will be to achieve a hand value 21 or less while the dealer may have a lower hand, or more than 21.
- Multi-hand Blackjack Gold. You can wager on up to 5 hands at a time in this intriguing blackjack game.
- Spanish Blackjack or Spanish 21. There are 8 decks, each missing the 10-value cards.
- Double Exposure Blackjack. Another name for it is Zweikartenspiel. In this blackjack, the dealer reveals all his cards.
- Atlantic City Blackjack. In the Atlantic version, you can force the dealer to stand when he’s got a soft 17. You can also double down after a split.
You can try all of these games in the best blackjack online casinos. Do not limit yourself with only European classic variation. You can start with it, which will be the best decision. But as soon as you feel comfortable with the blackjack table, try new variations. It’s likely that you will find them even more fun than the initial title. On the way to becoming an experienced blackjack player, you will need to understand all available blackjack options and rules.
How to Play Online Blackjack
We sincerely believe that you know how to play blackjack if you look for the perfect blackjack site. But just in case if you are a newbie in this gambling entertainment, then you will certainly need to learn not only rules of blackjack but also practical tips and strategies which you will later make use of.
Blackjack card game is played with at least one deck of 52 cards. However, there are variations which require 6 or even 8 card decks on the game. This casino game is one of the highest paying games because its house edge can range from 0.5% to 3%.
The general goal of the online game for all players is to have a hand of cards closest or equal to 21, while the dealer’s cad should have a smaller value than yours. If your cards value more than 21, you go bust.
Depending on the blackjack variation rules, face cards can have different values. Typically, the jack, queen, and king cards are worth 10 points, and an ace counts as 1 or 11, depending on the player’s decision.
According to classic online blackjack game rules, you can click ‘Hit’ to receive extra cards, ‘Stand’ to leave your cards as is, and ‘Split’ to make two hands out of one initial. However, blackjack games can have different buttons and options. Sometimes, they don’t allow splitting or re-splitting cards. But again, it’s the rule of each particular blackjack variation.
Variations of Blackjack Games
On the whole, casino blackjack can be of two major types. First is a video blackjack when you play against an RNG mechanism. The second is a live game when you play against a live dealer. The dealer cannot see or hear you. He only distributes cards and manages the game according to the rules.
The online and live blackjack games can also be divided into types by their game rules. Thus, we distinguish several blackjack variations. All of them can be played with a live dealer and on the RNG-based game. So, let’s take a look at the most popular variations of this card game.
The classic variation is the easiest. If you just start playing blackjack, we advise you to begin with this one. At the classic table, you, the dealer and other players receive two cards. You can see your cards and one dealer’s card facing up. Another card is face down.
In this traditional blackjack, you won’t have a chance to use any side bets. The first two cards pay 3:2 when blackjack hits, and the other wins pay out at 1:1 ratio.
This variation has more options than the classic blackjack. According to the rules, you need to bet on 2 hands per each round. After the initial card deal, you can switch two cards from your hands. On Blackjack Switch, you can also split and double down after and before splitting your hand. The blackjack hands pay even money in this variation.
The blackjack variation from Spain adds a few more ways to win. Its key feature is the lack of 10-value cards. They all are removed from the deck.
Besides, if a player and a dealer both have 21, the winner is the player. There are also bonus payoffs at 2:1. They are available if you have a value of 21. For example, if you have three cards of 7, then you are lucky with a 2:1 payout rate.
This blackjack variation allows players to win a jackpot prize growing with each wager during a regular gameplay. That is why progressive blackjack has a special side bet with a fixed price. To be eligible for the jackpot cash, players need to wager on side bets meeting certain criteria. Blackjack jackpot is usually paid out when a player has a hand with four aces.
Tips to Play Online Blackjack
Online blackjack is only beneficial and fun when you play it with a right approach. Surely, practice and actual experience will teach you more, but we feel like giving you a few tips that can help you take up blackjack with advantage.
- Play blackjack at the recommended online casinos on Casinobest.ca. On the list above, we mentioned those gambling sites that offer many titles of the RNG-based blackjack and live blackjack. Besides, most of these casinos have special offers for blackjack and live players, no matter if you are a new player or their regular customer.
- Play free blackjack to practice. The ‘for fun’ versions will help you take up blackjack games with no risks. If you are a new blackjack player who doesn’t really understand the game rules, you should definitely start with a free version to practice the game unless you want to lose your money.
- Pick classic blackjack with 3:2 payouts. The single-deck games are more comprehensible and more profitable for players. When you feel more confident about blackjack game, you can try other variations. But also remember to practice them in a free mode, first.
- Use blackjack casino bonuses. Some online casinos will let you claim special bonuses which can only be used for all live games or specifically blackjack titles. Moreover, these games will have a 100% contribution towards wagering requirements which is super cool because most deposit bonuses reduce the percentage of the contribution in regard to live and table games. Mind that if you don’t understand some bonus terms, contact the customer support.
- Use blackjack strategies. You can use any betting strategy on blackjack games. You can even use a cheat sheet which you can find anywhere on the internet. And of course, you can count cards if you know how to do it. But it’s only applicable for the live blackjack games where you can see the dealer’s hands.
Hopefully, your dilemma of choosing the best blackjack casino site has been resolved with our recommendations. Remember that a lot of online blackjack games are out there, and you should try all of them to find your best profitable game. Also, try different blackjack variations, especially with live dealers. Use different strategies and betting patterns. We encourage you to start playing blackjack for free to practice strategies and tips, and when you feel that you can play for real money, go ahead and make a deposit to place a real wager on a table or live blackjack.
It takes a lot of time and practice to learn to count cards in blackjack. Besides, you need to have an excellent memory to be good at counting cards. This requires you to remember how many aces, queens, kings, jacks, and 10s have been handed. And if you are playing a multi-hand blackjack? It’s a blow mind!
Some blackjack variations allow players to split their initial hand into two hands. This happens when you have the two initial cards of the same value. Then, players receive an extra card for each hand.
During a blackjack game, there comes the time when you need to hold (or stand). This means you will remain on your current cards without adding extra cards. So, it’s advisable to hold on all totals of 17, 19, or 20. You simply get nothing from taking the next card, no matter what hand the dealer has. Unless you want to go bust, hold on these totals.