Both online casinos and players use bonuses to their advantage. This is why casino bonuses have become so popular over the years. More and more customers claim and use bonuses, but this has only caused different problems that eventually lead to bonus cancelation or other negative results. In this post, we will talk about how a casino may legally cancel your bonus, and how you can avoid it. In the end, there are a few common tips you can use to prevent bonus cancelation.
Top Casino Bonuses
All gambling operators have intriguing bonuses for new and existing players. Make sure to pick the best bonus and use it right to avoid bonus cancelation. Use the tips that we describe below.
Is Bonus Cancellation Legal?
Yes, it is. And it is legal not only because an online casino has such terms and conditions (which is also true) but also because their regulatory body allows canceling bonuses if the casino complies with the following rules:
- The Terms and Conditions specify all the play patterns that are prohibited and may lead to promotional restrictions. The casino operator may not solely determine when the play pattern falls within these categories or determine other play patterns to be in breach of the T&Cs.
- The casino should make sure that the terms related to prohibitions on account fraud, exploitation of loopholes, use of multiple accounts, collusion, types of abuse or cheating, manipulation of software are contained in separate T&Cs to those related to promotional restrictions.
- When a casino has made a decision to forfeit winnings or refuse a withdrawal request as a consequence of breaching the bonus terms and conditions, they need to inform the player about it without breaching the General Regulatory Obligations. In other words, the casino must give a full explanation that contains the specific terms the player has breached and, as a result, lost his winnings.
These are the exact rules of casinos regulated by the UK Gambling Commission. So if your casino is licensed by the UKGC, keep it in mind. The thing is that there are multiple licensing authorities that might have different rules of promotional play restrictions.
This is why we advise you to read the terms and conditions and even promotional rules for each gambling platform you decide to use. The pages with the rules are pretty long-read but they contain clear information about what you can and cannot do on the platform.
You can’t just sign up and tick the box that you have read the T&Cs. If you do it on an unfair casino site, it means that you accept all these unfair terms and conditions, which is why the casino may legally cancel your bonus.
Why Casinos May Cancel Bonuses
In fact, online casinos can cancel bonuses for many reasons. Fortunately, it’s not in their interest. This is why you may forfeit a bonus only if some serious issue arises.
Bonuses and various promotional offers are a great way to attract and keep customers, especially during some holiday seasons such as Christmas. So casinos are fast to give away bonuses and free spins that often come with wagering requirements. Although these requirements are gainless for players, bonuses still give them extra funds to extend their gaming session.
That being said, if casinos were canceling bonuses left and right, that would leave them without clients at all.
Unfortunately, there are certain situations that force online casinos to make such a decision:
- Multiple accounts at the same casino. You cannot sign up twice or thrice on the same casino under different nicknames. This will be considered an abuse of welcome offers, so your casino will close your accounts and withhold bonuses and winnings.
- Irregular play while using bonus money. In general, irregular play means making low-risk bets on table games such as placing stakes on both sides in baccarat.
- Suspicious behavior. It often refers to logging in from different IP addresses, devices, or withdrawing funds that you have deposited and have not used. it looks like a money-laundering scheme.
- Benefit from a technical error. A casino website may have bugs and any kind of glitch. But if you use them to your advantage, it may lead to bonus cancellation.
- Being intolerant towards players or the team. If you get in touch with the support team or other players in live chats and use rude language, your bonuses can be removed. What is more, the casino may suspend your account.
- Using VPN. Casinos can detect if a player uses Virtual Private Network to connect to the casino. Once they identify it, they can cancel all bonuses from your account, which is why it’s important to play on the Canadian casino sites while staying in Canada.
- The end of the promotion. All bonuses have an expiry date until which you need to use the bonus and meet the wagering requirements. If you fail to do so in time, all winnings from bonuses will be gone.
These are the most common reasons the casino can legally cancel your bonus. But we strongly recommend reading the bonus T&Cs to know about each specific reason at your casino.
How Can You Avoid Bonus Cancellation?
The most important thing you can do to avoid any problems with bonuses and your account is to read the terms and conditions. We’ve mentioned it million times on our website, and this post particularly, but this is really the key thing. The T&Cs tell you exactly what you can do with the bonus and what you are not allowed to do on the website. However, there are simple things that will surely keep you safe and prevent bonus cancellation:
- Be polite to the casino team and other players
- Wager your deposits at least once before cashing out
- Don’t change the game very frequently while using your bonus
- Use only your desktop and mobile device to access the casino
- Inform the casino team about any errors
- When you claim bonuses, use them to the full meaning you should meet the wagering requirements
Do these simple actions to avoid bonus cancellation. Plus, always read the bonus terms before using one. You should know the play-through requirements, maximum bet amount, and qualifying games in advance.
As you can see, online casinos can legally cancel your bonus, so even complaints to the regulatory bodies won’t help. The good news is that you can easily avoid issues with the bonuses, including their cancellation. Simply use our recommendations and you’ll be good to go.
Even if you are using a no ID casino in Canada, you must comply with the rules.
Yes, unfortunately. If you have already started using your bonus and the casino team found suspicious activity on your account; they have the power to cancel your bonus and all associated winnings. So try not to violate the bonus and general casino rules.
Yes, of course. But for this, you need to find a no deposit bonus casino. Make sure to read the bonus terms and comply with the rules. Otherwise, you might have issues with the bonus, including the cancellation of the bonus.
In most cases, yes. However, it depends on the casino and its rules. A casino may either cancel your bonus without giving an explanation or cancel it with all the relevant data provided. So that you could understand what you did wrong.