Many times you’ve heard that online casinos must be licensed. Every gambling-related website including us tells you to check out a casino’s license before signing up. And it’s reasonable. If a casino doesn’t have a license, there’s no way you can trust it. And even if you do and get payouts from an unlicensed casino site, there’s a high chance that one day when you decide to make a generous deposit, it will just take the money and disappear from the Internet.
Every industry in the world is regulated by some authorized bodies. Gambling industry has regulatory organizations as well. These bodies set formulated rules and conducts for online casinos and sportsbooks. Moreover, if a casino agrees to these rules, it must comply with them relentlessly. If any violation of the rules is suspected, the licensee will have to revoke the license. So, it’s very challenging for an operator to obtain a license and keep it properly.
However, there are many licensed casinos in Canada. Almost every offshore casino that targets Canadian market applies for a license shortly before entering the territory of Canada. The most reliable gambling authorities for Canadians are the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC), Malta Gaming Authority (MGA), and Kahnawake Gaming Commission (KGC). Let’s say a few words about each of them. And try to keep them in mind because these licenses are to watch out for when you decide to sign up at a gambling site.
Malta Gaming Authority License
MGA regulates any gambling business in Europe and Malta. So, whenever a new casino starts operating on these markets, they apply for the license which proves their legitimacy and fairness. Most casino operators which operate in Canada are registered in Malta. This is also a country where they receive a license. The Canadian government, in its turn, accepts licensed offshore online casinos, so you can feel free to join any MGA approved online casino.
MGA Online Casinos
United Kingdom Gambling Commission
UKGC is in charge of regulation gambling business in the UK. Any gambling venue including online bingo sites and national lottery can request the UKGC license. Offshore casinos that operate in Canada can also apply for the license and offer their legit services to Canadians. Some casinos have both licensed by MGA and UKGC. And it’s absolutely normal. In fact, a casino with multiple licenses assumes even more responsibilities.
UKGC Online Casinos
Kahnawake Gaming Commission
In Canada and the entire North America continent, the Kahnawake Gambling Commission regulates online casinos and sports betting sites, poker rooms, and even some land-based venues in Canada. The KGC is originally established in the province of Quebec. For many Canadian players, the KGC licensed casinos are a priority to other casino sites. The licensee regulates over 250 betting sites.
KGC Online Casinos
Other Regulatory Authorities
We recommend playing at the mentioned online casinos that are licensed by MGA, UKGC, and KGC. Does it mean that other regulatory bodies are not reliable? No, it doesn’t. In the world there are many gambling regulators and each of them has its own standards. They are also safe and fair. Some Canadian casinos hold licenses by Curacao, Antigua and Barbuda, AGCC, Danish GA, Swedish GA, Gibraltar, Isle of Man, and others. To play safe, you only need to make sure that your online casino is licensed.
How You Can Benefit From Joining A Licensed Casino
Now that we know what regulatory bodies have issued licenses for the most reliable Canadian online casinos, we should know where it gets us. Here are some of the benefits you have when you become a player at a licensed online casino or betting site.
- Protection. Online casinos that hold a license must comply with the high standards of security. The regulatory bodies force online casinos to protect their players (personal information and banking details) with the high-end encryption technologies and other protective services that will make their site the safest place out there.
- Fair play. None authorized body can accept unfair games. All online casino games must have random results. That’s why game providers install random number generators (RNG) in their games. So, when you play at a licensed casino, you are guaranteed fair play. You can leave your concerns about rigged games because there are none of them.
- Easy & fast cash-out. Licensed casinos may not delay or resist cash out. In practice, they can, but only if a player has violated casino T&Cs. In most cases, cash-out isn’t a problem for players in licensed casinos. However, even if you do have a withdrawal problem, then you can make a complaint to the regulatory body. And often, they force the casino to pay you out as fast as possible.
- Confidence. Online casinos report to the regulatory body about their business and money flow. So, you can be sure that your gambling operator will behave properly towards you and other players.
- Refund. If your online casino is going through tough times and is forced to bankrupt, according to the regulations, it must refund your deposited money. The deposits are stored in a separate bank account. So, even if casino revenue decreases to 0, the players’ deposits are still safe.
No matter whether you are new to the gambling world or already an experienced gambler, you have to make sure the casino you are playing at is safe. For this, just check the licensing information of your gambling site. It’s crucial for you to find it because you will benefit from licensed casinos. They must not misbehave with you, which includes delayed payouts, insecure environment, and rigged games.
Every time you see a bright announcement inviting you to play casino game is challenging. It is obvious, because playing it you have to contribute your own money. It is both exciting and risky. In addition, you never know how it will turn out. Will you win cash? Or will you lose everything you’ve paid?
Indeed, sometimes round after round appears with no win so you lose your money with every spin. However, it is more likely to win a bonus game or double bet in slots. And to be honest, most games are made the way to pay more to you because they contain various bonuses and special symbols. All this helps a player to win bigger.
Besides, to bring over your concern, the majority of online casinos are constantly having tests by eCOGRA or other individual auditors which prove the fairness and randomness of winnings. At the very least, casinos use a random generator of numbers for their games. Before you start registering, try to find this information on a casino website. Usually, it is at everyone’s view and easy to see.
Every game at Rocket casino is tested individually. And also every game has its own payout percentage (RTP). To find the RTP of your selected game, go to the game’s rules or paytable. We recommend playing games with the RTP more than 95%.
It depends on your casino and the offer. Some online casinos like LeoVegas, Guts, and Rizk will not attach wagering requirements to their game of the week campaigns. However, this may change anytime. Other online casinos that offer free spins or cash prizes will set certain requirements. But if so, we at casinobest.ca will always inform you. Besides, remember to look through the promo T&Cs yourself to understand the rules.